Payroll, Health & Benefit Forms

Residents are employees of the Health Authorities of British Columbia. Payroll and Benefits are administered by Provincial Health Services Authority. PHSA will contact residents new to UBC by email prior to registration requesting your Social Insurance Number (SIN). This email will come from It is very important that you provide the requested information to PHSA in a timely manner; the deadline to submit your SIN is April 20, 2020. Any questions or concerns regarding the collection of SIN or documentation required should be directed to Isra Baig at PHSA by email or phone (604-297-8634).

You can anticipate receiving your new hire package by the end of April, it will be mailed to the address provided with your residency application. If you have not received your package by May 8, 2020, please contact and indicate in the subject ‘New Resident’. Packages will not be sent out in advance.

Do not contact PHSA prior to the date specified. To ensure your employment record is created in a timely manner, please be sure to complete and return all PHSA Payroll and Benefits forms prior to May 15, 2020.

Returning your direct deposit authorization/tax forms in a timely manner will ensure that PHSA are able are to set up your direct deposit information in their system. Any delays in receiving will result in a manual cheque being mailed to your home address on file. Please note if your home address has changed recently, you will need to contact PHSA Employee Records and Benefits at

Medical Services Plan (MSP) Enrolment

As of February 22, 2018, a Photo BC Services Card obtained by visiting an Insurance Corporation of BC (ICBC) driver licensing office is a mandatory requirement to complete MSP enrolment. Further details are available on the Government of BC website under “How to Apply”.

As of January 1st, 2020, MSP premiums and premium assistance has been eliminated from the Medicare Protection Act. However, you are still required to complete the MSP Group Enrollment Application Form and return with the package. For the purposes of enrolment in MSP, you are required to have a valid BC address. You may return this form separately at a later date to Employee Records and Benefits if the date of your move to BC is after the package return deadline.

Payroll & Benefits Information for Residents

Payroll and Benefit services are administered by Provincial Health Services Authority (formerly known as BC Clinical and Support Services – BCCSS). Please identify that you are a medical resident as different rules apply to different employee groups.

Payroll contacts

Office: 1795 Willingdon Avenue | Burnaby, BC V5C 6E3
Tel: 604-297-8683; Toll Free: 1-866-875-5306 | Option 2 Fax: 604-297-9311 Email:

Employee Records & Benefits contacts

Office: 1795 Willingdon Avenue | Burnaby, BC V5C 6E3
Tel: 604-297-8683; Toll Free: 1-866-875-5306 | Option 1
Fax: 604-297-9316 or

Maternity, Parental and Personal Leave contacts

Please inform your program office regarding all leaves. Information regarding Employment Insurance (EI) during leaves can be found at the Service Canada Website.



T2200 is only for expenses that are required as part of residents’ employment contract that are not directly reimbursed. There are very few expenses that residents would be required to incur that are not directly reimbursed by UBC or the Health Authority.

The T2200 form can be accessed through the Canada Revenue Agency. Residents who want to file the T2200 with their tax return, should complete the form and then submit it for approval via email to VCH Payroll. If there are costs on the T2200 form that are specific to their department, residents should specify which program in their email to VCH.